So I know a Blog post hasn't been done in quite sometime, and I apologize for that, but once some stuff gets rolling and such, the Blog will be posted on more and more! But till then, here is a small filler. Heh.
So, as I've been sitting back and watching and/or chatting I've noticed some players (some new, some returning) say "what else is there to do?". Well, there is really a lot that you can do, as I mentioned in previous blog posts. Its just a matter of what you can think of that you are willing to do. I'll admit, or some of you know, that I don't play like most players do but I wanted to mention what I do in DoH to keep myself entertained and still have fun.
- I chat
- Whether it is in Guild, Mod, Faction, Whispers, Main, Help, Etc.... I chat. And I chat about anything and everything. I enjoy it. What I dont enjoy is the quietness, so Ill be silly and *loud* to try to get people talking. But yes I know its a predominately AFK game, so my attempts may not work. But hey, cant blame me for trying right?
- I create my own, personal, challenges
- This can be categorized under goals as well, but I set challenges for myself. For instance, my current challenges are to get rid of my Rare Runes that are in my inventory and get them to Epic. My other challenge is to withstand a fight against some of the strongest players, without socketing. So I set these small things to keep me entertained, and sometimes frustrated =P But its all in good fun.
- I get creative with Toon Names
- Flaming Kermit, ComatosBalloon, FieryFrog, Yawn, FrogHollowRoad.... If a light bulb comes on for a name that can fit that 14 character limit for a toon then I will most likely use it. If I have that 1 wish of course. Whether or not the name matches the toon combination I love making names that make no sense or make so much sense its funny. Or down right annoying after awhile like: WhisperedToYou. XD. Though some of these names are not credited to me, so *tips Kermit Hat* to those who did give me the light bulb for the names =)
- I have various projects that I started or I am in
- ICON/IC0N is my first and main project that I started. But its projects like that, that I find enjoyment in. I think there is a post about it somewhere around here so I don't have to go into detail about it heh. But anyways =P It most definitely keeps me occupied and engaged =)
- I start collections
- Potions, Shoes, Paper Hats! Name something and ill probably try to start a collection for it....ill....just need the space for it all =) My potions are running me out of space haha. But, There are so many things you can collect, from the pictures, to the rarities, to even a combination of the two. Want a gear set of all 1 kind? Shouldn't be too bad to get. But how about of all 1 kind, and of each rarity? Now that'll be a challenge. Or how about certain enchants or qualities? Those collections should be very interesting to try =)
- Constantly learning new things
- This is probably my favorite thing out of them all. Not long after I became Admin I came across a new player who had a question about a UI aspect of the game. And I was clueless basically. I am one of those players who learns by doing something themselves and experiencing it themselves. Well, in 3 years (at that point) I hadn't come across that aspect of that game, or I just hadn't noticed it. I felt like an idiot to say the least lol. But, it definitely gave me a different outlook on things and where to look for information once I found out where the player was referencing. I'm not sure if that information came from a Plugin or from the basic game itself, but it was helpful. From an Admin side I learn stuff everyday, using the tools to navigate behind the scenes, interacting with players and just everything in general. I find it all very interesting =) From a plugin side, from poking around with Myz and Charm a bit, I've picked up various bits of information that I find useful. I cant get right out there and go make a plugin =P But I find the information I picked up useful in other ways.
This isn't really something that I do just with games, but with everything in general, I don't mind losing. I don't mind certain things being there. Or certain stuff happening. Losing, means I need to improve. Winning means, I'm at the top so now what? I don't mind the losing aspect of that situation, especially with socketing now in place and prestiging, makes everything more exciting =). As for the rest of the game? I go with the flow. Something bad happens, okay regroup- find out whats wrong and see what can be done about it. I do this with my gear ALL the time. I, for some reason must keep 3 of my stats at least at 3k, and the 4th stat as high as I can get it. With appropriate Multi of course. So its not necessarily bad... but I don't like it when my stats fluctuate and my damage can go very wrong heh.
So basically... I just go with the flow. And I know people may not like that, but its how I play =). I prefer to get to know players as best as I can and be as social as I can in the process =). So basically, that's me in a nutshell. My style, what I do to stay entertained. =P