Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kuan

Fusion Kuest

30 posts in this topic

Dohrians, the time has come to dig through your storage units and guild vaults: the Fusion Kuest.

First off, guidelines:

-As with all Kuests and Kontests, this will be a very manual process on my end. Look for me in chat or post in this thread if you can't find me before the deadline.

-Deadline to submit your items is Thursday September 8 @ 9am CST.

-No limit per account. Do as many Fusions as you can afford.

-No charms and gems this time around, only items that can be equipped.

-Socketed gems will be ignored.

-All items must be of Heroic quality.

Fusion

The minimum requirements to do an Item Fusion is to submit three items of the same kind (same icon) and the same rarity. We will call these the 'Core Items'. After fusion, the Result Item will be one rarity higher than that of the Core Items.

Note: If the Core Items are Myth, Result Item will be Myth.

The enchants in the Core Items will be thrown into a pool that will be used to roll the Result Item enchants.

You can also add up to three 'Catalysis Items' to the Fusion process. These items can be of any kind (any icon) and any rarity. The catalysis enchants will be thrown into the pool to roll the enchants of the Result Item.

Note: Items, both Core and Catalysis, cannot have empty enchant slots.

If you toss in enough enchant tiers, a chance is added to roll higher tier enchants in the Result Item. How to know what's enough? Tier times three is the magic sauce. For example, if you toss in twelve tiers of POW% (four T3s for example), T4 POW% is thrown into the pool as 12 /  3 = 4. T4.

Note: Make sure your items don't have any Gems. They won't be taken in consideration for rolling Result Item enchants.

If you have any questions, ask.

I'll begin accepting entries tomorrow August 25 @ 9am CST.

The calatysis need to be the same kind of item, but same kind only to other catalysis items or also to the core items? Meaning, could you have a set of 3 items of a kind as core items, and 3 items of a different kind (from core) but still all of the same for the catalysis? 

I've changed my mind: Catalysis Items don't have to be of the same kind as the Core Items and the Catalysis Items can be all different. They are there just for the enchants, so we will ignore both item kind and rarity. 

Go crazy :)

When it comes to the items that you submit for fusion, I have a question.

If you submit 3 epic items with 4 T4 power enchants, you responded in chat that you won't necessarily obtain a legendary item with 5 T4 power enchants. I imagine that this means also means that you aren't garunteed 4 T4 power enchants + 1 random enchant?

Also, is it also the case that you can get enchantments that are outside of the submitted pool enchantments that you get in other cases? For example, if you submit items with nothing but resists, could you theoretically get a T4 luck enchant out of the resulting fused item? Or in other words, what is the maximum difference that the resulting item can have from the submitted items? I'm really trying to clarify if you can take 3 super crappy epics, and roll a completely amazing legendary. Obviously, that would be unlikely to the extreme I'd imagine, but I'd like to know if the possibility exists.

Edited by Destro

Let's do an exercise.

These are the 3 Core Items:

coreItem1.pngcoreItem2.pngcoreItem3.png

All of the enchants are thrown into a weight table:

T3 MND%

T3 MND%

T3 MND%

T3 MND%

T2 LIT Mult

T2 LIT Mult

T1 Panic

T1 Panic

T1 Panic

Because you've thrown 12 tiers of MND%, T4 MND% is added to the table as well.

T4 MND%

Press 'Fuse' and the item will be an Epic Bucket. Every enchant will be rolled from this weight table, so, yes potentially you can get a crazy 2x T4 MND% and 2x T3 MND% as Result Item. However, that's where the weights of the enchants come into play: it is more likely to roll T1 Panic than T3 MND%.

One way to improve your odds: it is less likely to roll T3 Panic, or T3 Add MND, than T1 Panic, so strategically replacing some enchants to increase the chance to roll others is encouraged.

Awesome. So according to your example, there is no chance you will ever roll something like, say, 3.9% chance of slowing an opponent on the final Epic bucket? Because it's not included in the set of submitted mods, [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T1 Panic, T2 LIT Mult, T2 LIT Mult, T1 Panic, T1 Panic, T1 Panic, T4 MND%]. You will ONLY get one of the items from the set as an option, correct?

And if, for example, I submit 3 rares with T3 MND%, bringing the set of mods to [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%], then you will have that set with an additional T4 MND% making the new set: [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T4 MND%]. You won't get multiple instances of T4 MND% added to the pool even though you have enough T3 MND% rolls to constitute the addition of 3 additional instances of T4 MND% to the set of possible rolls . And, when the final set is used (the 9 T3 MND%'s with the T4 MND%), the ONLY possible rolls that the epic bucket could have are either [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%] OR [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T4 MND%], because again you only have one instance of T4 MND% available in the pool to be applied to the item and everything else is T3 MND%. In fact, using strict probabilities while assuming that there is no weighting, we should theoretically be able to calculate the odds of those two outcomes occurring since we know our input and all of our potential outputs.

Clarity on whether or not you can get mods that aren't explicitly a part of the mod pool of items that you submit, and the conditions necessary for those out of mod pool mods, would be tremendously helpful in determining whether or not this gamble is worth it.

Thanks a ton for your detailed explanations!

Edited by Destro

3 hours ago, Destro said:

Awesome. So according to your example, there is no chance you will ever roll something like, say, 3.9% chance of slowing an opponent on the final Epic bucket? Because it's not included in the set of submitted mods, [T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T3 MND%, T1 Panic, T2 LIT Mult, T2 LIT Mult, T1 Panic, T1 Panic, T1 Panic, T4 MND%]. You will ONLY get one of the items from the set as an option, correct?

Kuan does mention in the previous post that 'Every enchant will be rolled from this weight table', so I read this as no, you wont get any enchants not in the list of enchants gathered from the source material.

Unsure about the multiples of T4 if you have multiples of 12 tiers.  I would assume yes, you would. So if you submit 8 x  T3 of the same enchant, your pool would be T3 x 8 and T4 x 2.  But thats just my thoughts.

Adding this rule:

All items must be of Heroic quality.

12 hours ago, Destro said:

In fact, using strict probabilities while assuming that there is no weighting, we should theoretically be able to calculate the odds of those two outcomes occurring since we know our input and all of our potential outputs.

But there is weighting.

Sorry Kuan, I dont totally get it. Where does the T4 mind crop up from. What does 4 T3s, i.e T12 have to do with a T4 mind?

1 hour ago, Miaow said:

Sorry Kuan, I dont totally get it. Where does the T4 mind crop up from. What does 4 T3s, i.e T12 have to do with a T4 mind?

3 Core Items go into the Fusion, so if the division by 3 of the total number of tiers of any enchant results in a higher tier, the Fusion adds a chance to roll that higher tier. Does that make sense?

55 minutes ago, Kuan said:

3 Core Items go into the Fusion, so if the division by 3 of the total number of tiers of any enchant results in a higher tier, the Fusion adds a chance to roll that higher tier. Does that make sense?

OK gotcha

Bliss is now the official Fuse Master. Talk to him for any Fusions you are wanting to do.

This seems to have been the best balanced and decent Kuest ever.  Even newer players with a bit of work could get in on it.  I would like to see this one come up again sometime.

Appreciate the kind words. The idea is for this Kuest to become a permanent feature.

50 minutes ago, IronicDeath said:

Is there a way to fuse ourselves? Been waiting for bliss for the past 12 hrs... Lol.

Not at the moment, sorry.

That's OK. Maybe there should be more then one person fusing though... Almost a full day and no Bliss sighting. T.T;

Fusion is currently on. Please see Bliss or any of his alternate toons to fuse your goodies

Event will end in 7 days - Last day Thursday 16th Feb

A request from Bliss to help him more quickly process your fusions please avoid renaming your items (or keep the base name as part of it), makes it much faster to find the correct icon etc.