Sign in to follow this  
The Tooth

Deathstrike is OP

Roo    30

Deathstrike is mildly stronger than other cooldown skills at the expense of having a drastically longer cooldown.

It is counterproductive to call something overpowered without understanding the mechanics just because you see a lot of people going for the big hit.

Tail Whip has a cooldown that is 4 rounds. And I guarantee that two tail whips deal significantly more damage than Deathstrike, at the cost of dealing damage to myself.

It is however the strongest cooldown skill in a single attack, on the other hand, it has a huge drawback in the 8 round cooldown, and the fact that if you miss, it still triggers a cooldown.

If you want to complain about broken mechanics let's take a look at agility, considering our last fight consisted of me and Hank fighting you simultaneously. However you and I have similar Agility levels and I was getting a hit rate of possibly 35% during our fight, whereas Hank had 2k less agility and he had a hit rate of closer to 50%. Let's take a look at BROKEN mechanics that are working in your favor, instead of trying to break down other classes that are working perfectly fine just because it goes against your build and causes you to lose and not grief people as you are wont to do out of spite.

Edited by Roo

The Tooth    2
6 hours ago, Roo said:

Deathstrike is mildly stronger than other cooldown skills at the expense of having a drastically longer cooldown.

It is counterproductive to call something overpowered without understanding the mechanics just because you see a lot of people going for the big hit.

Tail Whip has a cooldown that is 4 rounds. And I guarantee that two tail whips deal significantly more damage than Deathstrike, at the cost of dealing damage to myself.

It is however the strongest cooldown skill in a single attack, on the other hand, it has a huge drawback in the 8 round cooldown, and the fact that if you miss, it still triggers a cooldown.

If you want to complain about broken mechanics let's take a look at agility, considering our last fight consisted of me and Hank fighting you simultaneously. However you and I have similar Agility levels and I was getting a hit rate of possibly 35% during our fight, whereas Hank had 2k less agility and he had a hit rate of closer to 50%. Let's take a look at BROKEN mechanics that are working in your favor, instead of trying to break down other classes that are working perfectly fine just because it goes against your build and causes you to lose and not grief people as you are wont to do out of spite.

I haven't tested all of the skills in depth, so I have no idea how effective many of the others are. I brought up Deathstrike because I see sooooo many people playing Assassins. Big hitters like Deadpool and others do an insane amount of damage with Deathstrike, which is why I brought it up. It's more than enough to 1-hit-KO the overwhelming majority of current players. Even with 75% PHY resist and over 7k END, Deadpool still hits me for 6-7k damage (over half of my HP), and basically never, ever misses me even though I have a decent amount of AGI. I get that it has an 8 round cooldown, but most PVP Assassin builds have enough AGI to land that hit. I'm not complaining about game mechanics that are possibly broken and working in my favor, I'm just pointing out that a skill (with a CD or not) that is capable of 1-shotting many people is kinda ridiculous. I understand that Deadpool is an extreme example to use, but there's other people who are basically clones, and effective at that.

As far as the dodge rates in that one fight... I dunno. I can't remember off hand how much AGI I have in my PVP gear, but I don't see AGI as being broken in any significant way. Besides, to me it kinda makes sense that hit rates would be slightly lessened when multiple people are attacking the same target, at least when it comes to melee attacks. I'm not saying that is what is going on in the game, but it would make sense to me. All of this goes back to the other thread about END. With the way the game currently works, if you wanna excel in PVP, you have to (from my personal experience/perspective) essentially make a glass cannon. HP and END aren't that important if you can deal massive damage with a virtual 100% hit rate, AND avoid getting attacked at the same time. *shrug* I think that the fact that Assassins are so widely used right now is proof enough for me that Deathstrike is a bit nuts. A Dragon/Assassin sounds awful to fight against if someone has awesome gear and runes.

Roo    30

Upon some reflection I will admit, starting a battle with a ridiculously strong first hit in the way of Deathstrike is definitely undesirable (and unfair),  I think the best fix would be to make it so each cooldown skill starts off with a cooldown in a fight, and can't be used until that particular skills cooldown period is met. (In the case of Deathstrike, until 8 rounds have passed in the battle.)

That change, for the record, should affect every cooldown skill, not just the "overpowered ones" ;)

Edited by Roo