Armux    1

I like the game and the best part of it is being afk. Played a lot and never managed to get pvp level to 80. It takes so much time even if u get someone to die to u.. How about an alternate way of getting the levels? Maybe let exp after reaching lvl 80 go to pvpexp with some penalty/no exp equips working/no boost or make a training room when u can train.. anyone has any ideas? 

I'd love smth to be done about this. This would bring some fun rebirthing and lvling again. 

Miaow    22

I do agree that PVP levels are too arduous too level. Doing it via insta-duel is also seems a bit of a meaningless way to go about it. 

I would prefer FVF to give alot more than it does now (alooot lot more). Insta could also do with removing the cap and correspond to whatever experience % you have.

Flesh    7

I whole heartedly agree that getting vxp can be a struggle.

The first change that I'd like to see is an increase in vxp for a failed conquest. I literally get like 50 times the vxp for a failed defense than a failed conquest. I also get about 4 times the vxp for an unchallenged conquer than a failed conquer.. Why?

Next I'd like to maybe see a training dummy put into the game so you could insta duel by yourself if nobody else was around who wanted to. I would expect there to be some penalty maybe cap the vxp gains at half what you could get with normal insta duel. Or maybe charge 1m coin to enter the training facility for an hour.

Alternately, I'd like to see an area that has not been challenged for a certain time period maybe 2 hours go neutral. Enabling me to conquer the neutral areas even if I'm at a level that doesn't have a lot of competition from the other factions.

Any thoughts?

terrajacque    8

one idea i had was the option, maybe a chat command or wish upgrade was you can for a  period of time  for a wish or coin cost change it so your pve xp is converted to pvp so you can grind as usual but gain pvp xp, not the best solution but it might work for when no one is around to fight or duel

Flesh    7

Your suggestion would definitely reduce the struggle of getting vxp,

But it also renders insta dueling almost totally useless since I can grind xp way faster than I can get vxp from dueling.

Also I can grind afk where as if I insta duel I have to stay around to rest or run the risk of dying and doing nothing.

I doubt if a fully automated way of gaining vxp will be an acceptable solution.

Miaow    22
4 hours ago, Flesh said:

Your suggestion would definitely reduce the struggle of getting vxp,

But it also renders insta dueling almost totally useless since I can grind xp way faster than I can get vxp from dueling.

Also I can grind afk where as if I insta duel I have to stay around to rest or run the risk of dying and doing nothing.

I doubt if a fully automated way of gaining vxp will be an acceptable solution.

4 hours ago, terrajacque said:

one idea i had was the option, maybe a chat command or wish upgrade was you can for a  period of time  for a wish or coin cost change it so your pve xp is converted to pvp so you can grind as usual but gain pvp xp, not the best solution but it might work for when no one is around to fight or duel

Yes I dont think grinding VXP will become integrated since it nulls the principle of what PVP is about i.e fighting other people.

Flesh's training dummy idea is interesting, and could provide an alternate solution. The other thing about meagre VXP on defeated conquer though, not sure why the number is so much lower than a defend. Generally though, I think most VXP gained is nowhere near enough in FvF for the purposes of gaining PVP levels. 

Nescio    12

This issue has been around for years and I highly doubt it will ever be changed. Nor do I think any of these other “enhancement requests” posted on this sub-forum will be implemented in the forseeable future. Nevertheless, it won't hurt to discuss possible alternatives.

Instead of improving the vxp gain per fight (which is claimed to be more complicated to change than it ought to be) the easier option is just to reduce the vxp-requirements for PvP-levels. Furthermore, given that exp and PvE-levels are gained effectively faster and easier, it would make sense to increase the requirements for those.

Half a year ago, shortly after I returned to DoH, I published a proposal on this:
http://www.dohforum.com/topic/349-level-overhaul-proposal/
Basically it boils down to:

• Total exp required to reach PvE-level X is changed to X^4
  • Total vxp required to reach PvP-level Y is changed to 20*Y^3
  • Toons start at level 0/0/0 and can advance to 100/100/100
  • Skill points can be used to raise skills from level 0 to 40

This would not only make it easier to reach maximum PvP-level and slower to reach maximum PvE-level, it would also ensure that every level requires more exp/vxp than any previous level, and, consequently, less exp/vxp than each consecutive level, which is currently not the case (e.g. from PvP level 65 to 66 1,650,000 vxp is required, from 66 to 67 only 700,000); furthermore, more character stat and skill points are available, from which those without superb items would benefit relatively more.

Edited by Nescio
clarification

Miaow    22

Sorry the prev proposal was too long, and I dont understand the formulas above. I tried but, maths really puts me to sleep.

Can you put into laymans terms (not just for me, for the developers if they were to implement) why changing the requirement levels will mean less overall pvp levels to do?

terrajacque    8

oops forgot to mention, with my idea to be able to sorta convert your pve xp to pvp xp you would need to spend coin or wishes on it, also it would only last for a limited time, maybe an hour at a time then you would either need to renew it  again at a higher cost unless you wait a certain amount of time or you would need to wait a while before you can do it again, that way it doesn't overtake the other ways 

note: these are just numbers i am throwing around and are subject to change

so for instance to grind pvp xp for 1 hour costs 2 wishes or 4 million gold, afterward you either are unable to grind for maybe 6 hours but can duel or conquer as usual or you can continue to grind but the cost doubles each time until you have canceled the upgrade or command  and waited 6 hours